Pre-Sales Technical Consultant
- The Pre-Sales Technical team is responsible for providing technical solutions to new & existing corporate customers on Internet & WAN, Managed Security, IP VPN, VoIP, Hosting and bespoke solutions.
- This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced industry professional with strong core technical skills to join and add value to a dedicated and friendly team.
- Responsible for actively driving and managing the pre sales process with direct and channel customers.
- The Pre Sales Consultant must be able to articulate the company’s technology and product portfolio, positioning to both business and technical users.
- Primarily engaged in a presales technical consultancy role, the consultant will provide technical assistance and guidance during the pre sales process by identifying customers technical and business requirements, prior to designing a solution, consulting with technical teams about capabilities, and supporting business sales teams, account managers and partners on proposal activities.
- To attend meetings with potential Clients to determine technical and business requirements and ensuring that all necessary information is collated prior to producing a solution.
- Provide technical solutions in a professional manner and to agreed timeframes.
- Create and confidently deliver technical presentations internally and externally.
- Deliver training on solutions and provide product support to channel partners and internal stakeholders.
- Create internal design configuration documentation including network diagrams with technical explanations.
- Work with Product Management to feedback on issues with current products and provide input around new products.
- Builds productive relationships internally and externally, fostering teamwork by keeping colleagues updated on activities.
- Perform technical development for bespoke solutions as part of a design and development frame work.
- Able to understand business drivers and risks involved to the customer.
- Sell technical solutions to the customer with professionalism and enthusiasm.
- Provide accurate and timely management information, to include – activity reports, bid reviews, project forecasts, KPI’s adhere to the Company’s Quality and Business Processes.
- Previous experience working within a technical pre sales position.
- Must be a subject matter expert with extensive software systems experience.
- An ability to communicate technical information to non-technical staff in a way that is easy to understand.
- Previous experience working for a competitor in a similar position would be a strong advantage.